Nick obtained his chiropractic degree from RMIT University, he also holds a degree in business from Swinburne University. Nick has a keen interest in sports medicine/chiropractic, general health, fitness and overall well being.
Nick has completed a 2 year Postgraduate Diploma in Sports and Exercise Medicine at the University of Otago (NZ). He is also a certified Team Physician through the American College of Sports Medicine in the USA and has completed the Immediate Care in Sport course (a pre hospital care sports course) run by the Rugby Football Union of England and the Hong Kong College of Emergency Medicine in Hong Kong. In addition to this he has spent time in the sports medicine department at the University of Minnesota under Dr. David Olson. Dr. Olson is a family and sports medicine physician at the University who educates the medical residents, and works with the student athletes, as well as the Minnesota Vikings NFL Team. Nick has also undertaken an enrichment program at the University of Pennsylvania (Philadelphia) under sports orthopaedic surgeons Dr. John Kelly IV and Dr. Brian Sennett.
In 2014, Nick was a part of the medical team covering the IRB Hong Kong Rugby 7's tournament and was a pitch side medical officer for the Kowloon Rugby Fest and International Youth Tournament in the lead up to the IRB Hong Kong 7's tournament. In 2015, Nick worked as the medical officer for Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport V8 Supercars team during selected rounds, including the Bathurst 1000. In January 2016, Nick had his manuscript titled "Running Medicine: A Clinician's Overview" published in the peer reviewed Chiropractic Journal of Australia. In July of 2016 Nick together with Dr. John Kelly IV wrote a manuscript on shoulder injuries titled "An Evidence Based Approach to Shoulder Injuries", which was published and well received.
In January 2017, Nick was the medical officer for one of Slovakia's top ranked female tennis players at the Australian Open. In what has been a busy start to 2018, Nick was again at the Australian Open looking after female tennis players from Slovakia, Czech Republic and the USA. From there he headed up to Bathurst, where he was the medical officer for the KTM - M Motorsport Team at the Bathurst 12 Hr race. Nick then headed back to the USA for ongoing sports medical training with the American Medical Society for Sports Medicine.
Through such courses and opportunities, coupled with his international sporting experience he has continued exposure to some of the world leaders in sports and exercise medicine and sports chiropractic along with best practice in the management and treatment of sporting and musculoskeletal injuries. This knowledge and experience enables Nick to provide his patients with world class sports medical chiropractic care.
- Sports Injury Assessment and Management
- Manual Adjustments (spinal and extremities)
- Instrumentation Adjustments (activator)
- Low Force Techniques (drop piece, blocking, cranial therapy)
- Applied Kinesiology
- Dry Needling
- Microcurrent Therapy
- Cold Laser Therapy
- Support Taping
- Soft Tissue Therapy - MRT (myofascial release therapy), ART - not certified (active release technique), Chinese Spooning/Graston, Fascial Release/Manipulation
- Rehabilitation and Exercise Prescription
- Functional Muscle Activation Assessment
- Orthotic Casting
- Interplast Australia
- Sacred Heart Mission Medical Clinic
- St Vincent's Hospital Community Advisory Committee
- Proud supporter of the MMU Charity
- Member of the Royal Society of Medicine
- Member of the American College of Sports Medicine
- Registrant of the Chiropractic Registration Board of Australia
- Registrant of the Hong Kong Chiropractors Council
Some of the people we have and do work with
- Corporate Chiropractor for the RACV Club (Health and Fitness Club), The Westin Hotel, and The Marriott Hotel
- Medical Officer for T.O.P - AXA Racing, Moto Grand Prix Team (H.K.) - Macau Grand Prix, Macau
- Domestic and International motor racing pilots - including V8 Supercars, MotoGP, LeMans
- Medical officer for selected WTA international women's tennis players
- Roseville High School Football team (Minnesota, USA)
- Event Medical Services, Hong Kong (pitch side coverage IRB, Hong Kong Rugby 7's)
- Medical Officer for Lucas Dumbrell Motorsport V8 Supercar team
- International musicians and ballet performers
- Cirque Du Soleil artists
- State and national/international track and field athletes